Curbside Pick Up
Residential customers may contact the Utility Services Office at 605-642-1325 to schedule pick up for furniture and appliance items. Curbside pick up not to exceed standard pickup load. Fees will be applied to the customer’s monthly utility bill and must be requested by the account holder.
The following items are accepted. Size classification may be determined by staff based on weight and mass of item(s).
- Large Items: $60.00 first item; $30.00 per additional item(s)
- Examples: Couches, mattresses and box springs, tables, large appliances without Freon (doors must be removed)
- Small Items: $30.00 per item ; $15.00 per additional item(s)
- Appliances that have, or do contain Freon (doors must be removed):
- With certificate of removal: $60.00 per item
- Without certificate of removal: $120.00 per item
The City does not provide curbside pick up for branches or yard waste. Grass and leaves are accepted free of charge at the Restricted Use Site. A fee is collected for branches.