Antifreeze, Batteries, Oil
All these items are accepted for free at the Restricted Use Site.
Appliances are accepted at the Restricted Use Site.
- $5/item for city residents
- $10/item for non-city residents
- $45/items for appliances containing Freon
Cardboard and Paper
A free residential drop off for cardboard and paper is located at the Restricted Use Site during business hours. Cardboard must be flattened in order to fit in the receptacles.
Kieffer Sanitation provides residential recycling containers for curbside pickup. Residents can call 605-892-4635 or www.gokieffer.com/recycling.com for more information.
Flat screen monitors, computer towers and printers can be taken to the Restricted Use Site.
- $5/unit for city residents
- $10/unit for non-city residents
Clothing, Furniture and other Household Items
Items can be donated to the following locations:
- Salvation Army - 320 Ryan Road / 605-642-0927
- Saint Vincent De Paul - 137 E Illinois Street / 605-717-2499
- Spearfish ReStore - 2915 E Colorado Boulevard / 605-717-1882
- Spearfish Senior Center - 1306 N 10th Street / 605-642-2827
- Treasures Thrift Store - 714 N 5th Street / 605-722-1046
Please call in advance if you are unsure of the item(s) condition you are considering for donation.
Spearfish Lions Club has drop off locations in various locations throughout Spearfish including the Grace Balloch Memorial Library and Spearfish Eyecare Center at 1710 North Avenue.
Grass Clippings and Leaves
Grass clippings and leaves are accepted in the compost pile at the Restricted Use Site free of charge.
Tires can be taken to the Restricted Use Site or Great Western Tire at 638 E Colorado Boulevard for recycling. Fees do apply.
Additional Recycling Information
For a full list of locations and business that offer recycling services, please visit the South Dakota Department of Environment & Natural Resources (DENR) website: DENR Recycling Information