Please review the following to assist in an efficient collection service:
- Please place your container at your pickup location by 7:00am. Pickup times will vary week to week. Please note arrows on top of lid. If your container is not out for pickup and you need it emptied, please notify our office. There will be an extra charge for this service. Customers are responsible for placing the container in the pickup location.
- Yard waste is not allowed in your city issued garbage containers. You may take leaves & grass clippings to the Restricted Use Site (RUS) free of charge.
- Garbage must be bagged and placed in the automated container. Excess bagged garbage will not be picked up unless prior arrangements have been made.
- Customers are responsible for maintaining and tracking their containers. All containers have an identification number assigned to the property. Please make note of this number in case the container is misplaced. Replacement fees do apply.
- The Solid Waste Department will only empty City issued containers.
- If you continually have extra garbage, please call to obtain a larger container or a second container.
- Place container far enough away from mailboxes, vehicles, trees, fences and garages so the truck has ample space to empty the container.
- Construction materials are not allowed in the containers. You may take these materials to the RUS for a fee.
- Containers must be removed from the curb/street within 24 hours after emptied. Containers should not be stored at a location closer to the curb than the front of the residence.
- During the winter season, please place your container along the edge of the plowed street so it is accessible to the automated garbage truck.
View the full Solid Waste Policy for more information.