SPEARFISH, SD – The City of Spearfish is hiring for upcoming seasonal positions. Visit https://www.cityofspearfish.com/161/Career-Opportunities for more information and to apply!
- Public Works/Parks Department Laborers (includes Parks, Recreation, and Forestry; Cemetery; Spectator Recreation; Streets; and Wastewater Treatment Facility)
- Requirements: Laborers will work 40 hours/week unless noted otherwise. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age before date of hire. Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license with an insurable driving history. Starting wage for public works and parks department laborers is $15.25/hour.
- Wildland Firefighters:
- Requirements: Ability to pass NWCG Arduous Work Capacity Test (Pack Test). Completion of NWCG S-130 & S-190 training prior to start date (must provide proof of training). Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with an insurable driving history. High school diploma or GED equivalent. Must be 18 years of age or older. Wage for Wildland Firefighters is $15.25/hour (higher when on assignment).
- Campground (includes Campground Attendant (30-40 hours/week) $10.80/hour (with campsite); $15.25/hour (without campsite) and Campground Groundskeeper (35-40 hours per week) $10.80/hour (with campsite); $15.25/hour (without campsite)
- Requirements: Applicants must be at least 18 years of age before date of hire. Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license with an insurable driving history.
- Recreation & Aquatics Center (includes Summer Customer Service Assistant (20-40 hours/week); Summer Recreation Assistant (30-40 hours/week); Lifeguard (20-40 hours/week); Waster Safety Instructor (WSI)/Lifeguard (20-40 hours/week); Lifeguard Coordinator (40 hours/week); and Recreation Facility Janitorial (30-40 hours/week))
- Requirements: Summer Customer Service Assistants and Recreation Facility Janitorial must be at least 16 years of age before date of hire. Summer Recreation Assistants must be at least 18 years of age. Lifeguards must be at least 15 years of age before date of hire. Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license with an insurable driving history. Starting wage is $14.25 to $15.75/hour depending on position. Hours may be weather-dependent.
How to Apply: Candidates must complete an online application process, which includes creating a profile. Please visit https://www.cityofspearfish.com/161/Career-Opportunities to see position descriptions and apply. All positions open until filled.
Individuals with disabilities who need reasonable accommodations to complete the job application process should contact the Human Resources Director at (605) 642-1354 to commence the accommodations interactive process.