The City of Spearfish’s Finance Office shall uphold or exceed the standards of accountability mandated by the State of South Dakota; shall fulfill the trust delegated to it by the Spearfish community; shall provide professional and accountable guidance to all elected officials and employees regarding State Statutes and administrative rules relating to all other areas of responsibility assigned to the department; shall respectfully and professionally execute the responsibilities of customer service, both external and internal; and, shall utilize the assets of this office to benefit all programs conducted by the City of Spearfish.
The City of Spearfish Finance Office is located on the first floor of the Municipal Services Centre.
The Finance Office is responsible for:
- Preparation of Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
- Appropriations and Annual Budgeting Process and Administration
- Official records of the City: minutes, ordinances, resolutions, documents, etc.
- Official Requests for Public Information
- Treasury and Banking
- Fiscal Policy
- Accounts Receivable
- Debt Financing
- Internal Controls
- Grant Administration
- Business Improvement District (BID) Financial Administration
- Tax Incremental Financing Districts (TIFD) Financial Administration
- Customer utility registration and disconnection requests
- Investment of city funds
- Receiving and recording all deposits with the City
- Municipal elections
- Voter registration forms
- Liquor licensing
- Special Assessment Administration
- Accounts payable
625 North Fifth Street
Spearfish, SD 57783
Finance Office - 605-642-1325
Utility Billing - 605-642-1325
The Finance Office and Public Works now accept Visa, Master Card and Discover.