The following positions are available for 2019 summer/seasonal employment:
Public Works/Parks Department Laborers:
* Wastewater Treatment Facility
* Facility Maintenance
* Parks, Recreation & Forestry
* Spectator Recreation
* Water/Wastewater Utility
* Campground Groundskeeper ($9.25-$10.25)
* Campground Attendant (30-40 hrs/wk; $9.25-$10.25)
* Campground Assistant Manager
Requirements: Laborers will work 40 hr/wk unless noted otherwise. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older before date of hire. Applicants must possess a valid drivers license with an insurable driving history. Starting wage is $11.25/hr. (Campground position wages vary depending on if a campsite is provided).
Recreation & Aquatics Center:
* Summer Recreation Assistant (30-40 hrs/wk)
* Summer Customer Service Assistant (20-40 hrs/wk)
* Recreation Facility Janitorial (30-40 hrs/wk)
* Concessions Coordinator (35-40 hrs/wk)
* Lifeguard Coordinator (35-40 hrs/wk)
* Water Safety Instructor (WSI)/Lifeguard (20-40 hrs/wk)
Lifeguard classes available. Please visit spearfishreccenter.com for more information.
Requirements: Summer Customer Service Assistants and Lifeguards must be 16 years of age or older. All other positions must be 18 years of age or older before date of hire. Applicants must possess a valid drivers license with an insurable driving history. Starting wage is $9.75-$11.25 per hour depending on position. Hours can be weather dependent.
How to Apply: Interested persons must submit a City application to the Human Resource Office. All positions open until filled. Equal Opportunity Employer. To view position descriptions, please visit the City’s website at cityofspearfish.com under the employment page. Individuals with disabilities who need reasonable accommodations to complete the job application process are encouraged to apply and should contact the Human Resource Director to commence the accommodations interactive process. Human Resources: 625 N 5th St, Spearfish, SD 57783; firstname.lastname@example.org; phone 605-642-1354; fax 605-642-1329.